The inaugural Softball Summer Slam is a softball tournament with competing teams from agencies and suppliers involved in the Meetings and Events sector. The event will be held on Wednesday 4th July 2018 at Old Deer Park Sports Ground in Richmond.
The objective is to raise £30,000 to purchase a specially adapted minibus for children with special needs at Strathmore School in London (see pictures below).
It’s also an opportunity to have a great, fun day out with industry colleagues, a chance to entertain clients, meet people and create new business opportunities. You’ll also be competing to win the very first Softball Summer Slam Championship Cup!
Meeting Needs is supporting this initiative in association with the Lord’s Taverners, the UK’s leading youth cricket and disability sports charity dedicated to giving young people a sporting chance.
The cost for a team of ten is £2,500 and includes:
- team lunch & drinks for all team players
- team shirts
- an early evening party and prize giving awards – BBQ, including drinks for your team players
- your logo on meetingneeds.org.uk and all electronic communication to 9,500 Meeting Needs contacts
- your logo incorporated in all printed collateral on the day itself
- promotion via meetpie.com through banner ads and newsletters to 42,000 meeting and events industry contacts
Register your team here….
Download team information here….
- we are seeking a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 16 teams
- all teams must be mixed, with a minimum of 5 female players
- teams will play a minimum of three games
- timings and other event details will be confirmed at a later date
- wristbands can be purchased for additional colleagues and guests to support your team and enjoy the drinks and BBQ
- the organisers shall have overriding authority in the organisation, participation and rules of the event